IN THIS GUIDE
- Wellfully, Keystone, and Our Home (View All)
- Each treatment center in our list has: (a) The Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission or a CARF accreditation for addiction services, (b) Composite online review score of 3/5 stars or better, (c) Robust programs that effectively treat dual diagnosis disorders in an inpatient setting.
Top Rated Inpatient Drug Rehabs in South Dakota
Wellfully’s adolescent treatment center utilizes the Matrix Model to help treat teens with substance abuse disorders. They use individual, group, and family therapy and help kids develop skills that will keep them from abusing substances in the future.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and PTSD.
Levels of Care: Residential Treatment, PHP, IOP
Online Reviews: A
Accreditations: Joint Commission Gold Seal
Editorial Note: Wellfully helps kids ages 10 to 18 with addiction and mental health issues.
Services include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, a variety of experiential therapies, medication management, education, nutrition management, and more. Plans are different depending on age and individual needs, and clients have an active role in deciding the course of treatment.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and anxiety disorders, bipolar disorders, depression, and psychotic disorders.
Levels of Care: Inpatient Detox, Residential Treatment, PHP, IOP
Services include education, 12-step, relapse prevention, individual and group therapies, medication management, spirituality, and more. Skills may be learned, such as personal hygiene, cooking, cleaning, laundry, lawn care, home maintenance, gardening, family roles, and independent living skills for youth clients. They also offer a variety of recreation activities.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and anxiety and depression.
Levels of Care: Residential Treatment
Online Reviews: C
Accreditations: CARF Accredited
Editorial Note: Our Home is specifically for children and adolescents under the age of 18.
South Dakota Addiction & Mental Health Support
Additional Resources For Finding Help in South Dakota:
Overdose Prevention Resources
- In the event of a suspected overdose call 911 and monitor the individual until paramedics arrive.
- Avoid Opioids SD: A statewide overdose prevention organization, they provide helpful information about overdoses and where to find naloxone across the state.
- Overdose Prevention Strategies – South Dakota: A national organization, their website provides information about a variety of overdose prevention programs across South Dakota.
Addiction Recovery Support Meetings