IN THIS GUIDE
- Rocky Mountain Treatment Center, Clearview Horizon, Rimrock Foundation, Turning Winds, and Petty Creek Ranch (View All)
- Each treatment center in our list has: (a) The Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission or a CARF accreditation for addiction services, (b) Composite online review score of 2.5/5 stars or better, (c) Robust programs that effectively treat dual diagnosis disorders in an inpatient setting.
Top Rated Inpatient Drug Rehabs in Montana
Rocky Mountain Treatment Center
406-453-5080 | Visit Website
920 4th Avenue North, Great Falls, Montana 59401
Treatment may include nutrition management, equine-assisted therapy, family programs, spirituality, mindfulness, breathing, and meditation. Recreational options include hiking through national parks, movies, art classes, gardening, sports, bowling, and more. A combination of techniques is the most effective form of treatment, especially for co-occurring disorders.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and depression, anxiety, trauma, PTSD, personality disorders, and eating disorders.
Levels of Care: Medical Detox, Inpatient Treatment, PHP
Online Reviews: A
Accreditations: Joint Commission Gold Seal
Clearview Horizon is a girls’ treatment center that provides a combination of school, athletics, emotional mentorships, and workshops. These girls may participate in activities such as aerobics, self-defense, dance, rock climbing, seasonal activities depending on weather, DBT, CBT, EMDR, trauma therapy, art therapy, life skills development, and family-inclusive workshops and therapy.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and eating disorders, depression, anxiety, trauma, and self-harm.
Levels of Care: Residential Treatment
The following treatments are used in combination with one another to form a well-rounded and cohesive plan for treating substance abuse and mental illness: individual and group counseling, nutrition and medication management, recreation activities, education, 12-step, spirituality, art therapy, and relapse prevention.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and anxiety, depression, personality disorders, and eating disorders.
Levels of Care: Inpatient Detox, Inpatient Treatment, PHP, IOP, Sober Living, Aftercare
The core feature of the Turning Winds residential program involves recreational adventure therapy. Along with the classic therapeutic methods, clients also participate in hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, fishing, snowboarding, camping, swimming and golf.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and anxiety, bipolar disorder and depression.
Levels of Care: Inpatient Treatment
Online Reviews: D
Accreditations: CARF Accredited
Petty Creek Ranch is a faith-based treatment program for teen boys from ages 12 to 18. Treatment involves CBT, 12-step, conflict resolution, relapse prevention, individual and group therapies. The basis of treatment here involves a mentorship program that focuses on positive relationship building. Other options may be available depending on each client’s needs and interests.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and depression, anxiety, and PTSD.
Levels of Care: Residential Treatment, Sober Living
Montana Addiction & Mental Health Support
Additional Resources For Finding Help in Montana:
Overdose Prevention Resources
- In the event of a suspected overdose call 911 and monitor the individual until paramedics arrive.
- NEXT Distro – Montana: A national overdose prevention organization, their website provides information about getting naloxone in Montana.
- Know Your Dose Montana: A public-private partnership organization, their website provides information about a variety of drug overdose issues.
Addiction Recovery Support Meetings