IN THIS GUIDE
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch, Heartview Foundation, and 2 other treatment centers. (View All)
- Each treatment center in our list has: (a) The Gold Seal of Approval from the Joint Commission for addiction services, (b) Composite online review score of 2/5 stars or better, (c) Robust programs that effectively treat dual diagnosis disorders.
- Looking for a particular level of care? Read our rankings of the top inpatient drug rehabs in North Dakota.
Top Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers
Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch
701-224-1789 | Visit Website
1227 N 35th Street, Bismarck, North Dakota 58501
The Dakota Boys and Girls Rach has 3 main campuses, one in Bismarck, one in Minot, and another in Fargo. This organization provides treatment for co-occurring substance abuse and mental health issues to children up to 18 years old. They provide comprehensive care that includes case management, psychiatric care, clinical therapy, equine therapy, and a variety of holistic treatments.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and trauma.
Levels of Care: Residential Treatment, IOP, OP
Online Reviews: B
Holistic treatments are utilized as supplements to individual, group, and family therapy at the Heartview Foundation. These therapies are yoga, acupuncture, chiropractic care, and art activities. They also offer medication management.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, and PTSD.
Levels of Care: Inpatient Treatment, PHP, IOP
Online Reviews: B
Accreditations: Joint Commission Gold Seal
Services provided at Prairie St. Johns include individual, group, and family counseling, activity therapy, education, and behavior modification. Treatment plans are based on individual needs and are designed to treat each client specifically according to those needs.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and PTSD.
Levels of Care: Detox, Residential Treatment, PHP, IOP
Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s
701-857-5000 | Visit Website
407 3rd Street SE, Minot, North Dakota 58701
Addiction treatment at Trinity Health involves individual, group, and family therapy with a foundation in 12-step programs. Each treatment plan takes into consideration the physical, psychological, educational, and family needs as well as cultural, gender, and age needs.
What They Treat: Dual diagnosis substance abuse and mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders, PTSD, and psychotic disorders.
Levels of Care: Inpatient Detox, Inpatient Treatment, PHP, IOP
North Dakota Addiction & Mental Health Support
Additional Resources For Finding Help in North Dakota:
- Mental Health America of North Dakota: 1-800-472-2911
- North Dakota Department of Behavioral Health & Human Services: Addiction Resources
- Read our actionable guide to finding an inpatient drug rehab near me.
- Find out why Joint Commission Accreditation Matters.
- Search for more Joint Commission Accredited Facilities on QualityCheck.org.
Overdose Prevention Resources
- In the event of a suspected overdose call 911 and monitor the individual until paramedics arrive.
- One RX: A North Dakota-based overdose prevention organization, they provide a wealth of information about opioid overdoses and links to training classes for naloxone use.
- North Dakota Board of Pharmacy: This organization provides a searchable directory of pharmacies that dispense naloxone throughout North Dakota.
- FirstLink 24-Hour Helpline: 701-235-7335
- Council on Abused Women’s Services (CAWS) North Dakota: A directory of crisis lines and domestic violence shelters all across North Dakota.